Sunday, January 2, 2011

Random pictures on the first day of 2011.

1-1-11

Rod, Chris and I bought light bulbs for the new house, there are still two lights that need bulbs since they take some unusual type of bulb.  Incredibly bored as I was, I actually took pictures of the fixtures now that they have bulbs in them. Rod left the plastic coverings on the lights to protect them from dust, except the master bedroom light. With all the bulbs in the light, the shade got to hot, and we certainly don't want plastic melting all over the shade!

The kitchen is nice and bright, just as I hoped it would be! I will still want some sort of light over the baking counter though.

A mantle will go under the sconces in the pic below, and our wood stove will be there, you can see where the stovepipe will go into the ceiling.

The office light, I will have to have a desk lamp, and a work light over the table that will be on the right.

Some pictures of the vanity in the master bath, this is an antique buffet that I found on Craig's List and bought from a local couple who were selling their house and moving to a retirement community. I refinished it, although it still needs a little work done on it someday. The faucets will be mounted on the wall above the sink.  My job this week is to get measurements and go somewhere and order the mirrors for both bathrooms.  Chris Fuller suggested I get a mirror with holes cut into it for the faucets, if I don't the mirror will be to high for me to see my reflection...



The last pics are of the ceiling light in the master bedroom..which we just love! I had already chose a paint color (slate blue), and even purchased a bedspread to match...then I saw this light fixture while shopping on the Internet, and I loved it, I bought it, and it changed all my plans.  The paint color changed to Dusty Rose, but I kept the bedspread because it has a lot of brown in it along with the slate blue, and I think it will be ok. Also, I looked for another bedspread and there wasn't anything else that I liked or that had so many matching accessories that came with it. The first pic is with the light off, then a pic with the light on...

                                                                            light off..

                                                                                                   light on


Ok, that was boring day pictures.  This week is supposed to be a busy one, so check back often to see what's new!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, everything is beautiful! Great job with decorating--you should be in Good Housekeeping!!

    ReplyDelete