Friday, January 28, 2011

Livin' in limbo.

Friday the 28th:

okay, I admit it, this isn't going as smoothly as I'd hoped.

Yesterday I had to leave to pay bills and run errands all day, I was running back and forth from garage to new house, wasting time and becoming irritated!  Some things have been moved, some not, mostly not...

We've been eating and sleeping in the new house since Tuesday, I carried what I needed to cook the first meal down in my arms in one trip, each meal since has been prepared using the same pans because I haven't moved anything else. 

The water softener has not been moved yet, so laundry and showers are still done in the garage, except for Chris, who showers in the new house using the hard water.  So, yesterday I took a shower in the garage, then realized that contact lenses, toothbrush, etc. were at the new house.  So, I had to run back in there to finish getting ready.  I also have discovered that I'm too short to get close to the bathroom mirrors to do...ummm..close up work. I will have to use a huge make up mirror that I have- somewhere....

There are a hundred different things in a day like that.  I've had a busy week with appointments and such, after this afternoon I'll be able to start moving stuff, because I'm tired of living in limbo.

One thing we can't wait to move is the wood stove!  We're not accustomed to paying for heat, and Rod reports every day how the propane level gauge is dropping!  Plus, I just love that constant, toasty warm, heat...

The satellite guy can't come until the 2nd of February, so tv and Internet are still at the garage, and not getting much use.  I really miss tv, I didn't realize how much I have the tv turned on until I didn't have it anymore.  I don't actually WATCH tv much, I just have it turned on. It's very, very, quiet at the new house..

From now on the new house will be called, "home", or "the house", no more "new house".  The garage will be called, "the garage".

I'll have some pictures next time I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment