Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Blog post from the new house!

Wednesday the 2nd:

The satellite dishes were successfully moved today, despite the ice storm we had, and we now have television and Internet service in our new house.  This is my first blog post from the house. 

In the past few days the wood stove has been moved (no small task), the washer and dryer, the water softener, and the dishwasher.  Rod still has some work to do in the utility/laundry room.  He's going to move the sink and counter top from the garage into the utility room, and build a "table" beside the washer/dryer for me to fold clothes on.  That will be the last chore he'll have to do...until I think of another, that is!  There's still lots of furniture for the guys to move, but even if they move one item a day, it won't take long to have it done.

Moving here is not the usual type of move.  Usually, moving means putting all your possessions in boxes, moving the boxes to the new house,then unpacking and finding a place for everything.  When I move things, I put three Rubbermaid boxes on an old blue plastic sled of Chris' and head for the garage.  I take the boxes into the garage and throw stuff into them, then load them back onto the sled and pull it all to the house.  I unload, then start it all again.  Anything bigger than the sled has to wait until the guys get home!

Only a few pictures to add to this post, I guess I'm running out of things to take pictures of...

Darren saved the day when he helped move, not just the wood stove, but also the washer and dryer, and helped hook them up too!


Rod had Monday and Tuesday off while he was in between jobs, that was just what we needed as it gave him the time he needed to move some things.  Here he is having his coffee before he starts the day.  It looks like Harley needs a pick me up too!

1 comment:

  1. It's beginning to look like HOME !! (Even to Harley !) Can't wait until we can figure out a time to visit !)

    ReplyDelete