Monday, October 4, 2010

Those Amish guys have got the moves!

                                                        October 1, 2010
               The Amish brick layers arrive and start to work..these guys work fast!

They did all this in only one day!



Chris is standing in his bedroom!




October 4, 2010
A cold and rainy day! The block layers arrived at 7:30 a.m and worked all day! They seem to be done with the house section and are working on the garage foundation now, and the roof support column still needs built. I think they will be done tomorrow, unless the rain slows them down.


Chris Fuller and I had a meeting today,they'll start framing next week. He expects to have the framing done and the roof on in the next three weeks. I have to get busy making choices on so many things..I have homework to do!

2 comments:

  1. This is so exiting for us to see,,,,Bet it's even more exiting for you guys..Like watching a dream come true !! I liked your comment about Amish guys working fast...Your Dad always works faster than me...now I know why....I'm not Amish !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is SO EXCITING! I love that buffet..it's beautiful! As for the table, sometimes old things were painted for a reason--they were ugly. I've discovered that when I've stripped painted furniture. Maybe it could be sanded down and painted? Too bad...

    ReplyDelete