Thursday, September 30, 2010

Progress!

The table I refinished looks horrible, and I've given up trying to make it look better. After researching possible reasons why, I think that I damaged the wood when I removed the old finish, there's nothing I can do now and so I'm moving on. The next re-finish job is an old buffet I bought to use for the vanity in the master bathroom. This is the before picture.. there are nicks, lots of dirt,and even some mold...



Harley lays here because he can see out this window and watch all the construction vehicles/workers go by. He barks and barks at them, but as you can see here, he fell asleep while on duty!
                       



The foundation has been the focus of the crew the last few days.


                                                 Wednesday the 27th
After all the rain water was pumped out of the hole, there was a flurry of activity..digging, gravel deliveries, more digging, and then the concrete trucks started to arrive and the footer was poured.

                       I took the next pictures from the porch of the tree house.

  The concrete guy filled the shovel of the Rock Buster with concrete...

...then the Rock Buster transported the concrete to the hole...




....and dumped it.



Chris Fuller, our general contractor is the guy on the ground, the other two guys are his crew.
The guy watching is the driver of the concrete truck, "Jr" is in the Rock Buster. 

Thursday the 30th
The moisture barrier was laid, gravel spread over it and holes dug and filled with concrete. I know that the hole in the center is where a block column will be built that will support the roof, I don't know what the other concrete filled holes are for. 
Later in the afternoon the blocks are delivered.  The block layers will be here tomorrow October 1st.

1 comment:

  1. Looking great! It won't take long now! Say Hi to Chris & Rod!

    ReplyDelete