Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Owww-eeee...

I've hurt myself again! 

I tried to pretend it wasn't so, but there's no ignoring the pain...  I had so many things to finish before I could start transplanting my trees and shrubs, and certainly transplanting in July isn't the ideal time, but that's how it worked out for me.  So, the garden is planted- and growing quite well.  Grass seed is planted- and not growing so well (it's July ya know), now I have this window of time to transplant and get the landscaping finished before it's time to start canning and freezing what's growing in the garden.

I bought two Japanese Maples on Thursday, Red Dragon and Full Moon, they're waiting close by for their turn to be planted.  Friday afternoon I transplanted one huge hosta into it's new home, it looks so nice there in front of the porch!   Then Chris and I made a very quick trip to Erie and bought the materials for a 24' fence that I want in my landscaping, and the fence needs to be in place before I start planting anything.  When we got home I started to clear the area for the fence, I took a step sideways, heard a loud CRACK come from my left knee cap, and had some pretty serious pain as a result.  I "walked it off" and Chris and I started to move the grill, each step I took I was in agony.  So, I dropped everything and went inside.

Friday night was very bad with lots of pain, and actually, so was Saturday.  Saturday I had a lot of swelling, so I stopped wearing the wraps.  Today is a bit better, with some new pain located in my calf muscles.

This is not acceptable...  I have so much to do...  I finally have reached the point where I can do the landscaping that I've been mentally planning for months...  and now... THIS... 

Well...ya know... I dig with my right foot....

Wednesday the 13th:
A few days have passed since I wrote the above, and I'm no longer in denial.  I have had something serious happen to my knee, that is obvious.  I have an appointment on the 26th to see an orthopaedic surgeon, the surgeon who repaired Rod's acl tear, and his miniscus tear.

I have to fight depression... in one small moment in time, with one small step... everything changed and I am once again unable to continue on with finishing the plans for the house. First it was the weather setting us back, and now this injury.  Certainly, things could be much worse, I keep reminding myself of that.. There's a reason for everything, there's a reason for everything.....

I'm still tempted to try digging, I've found ways to do a couple things that seemed impossible with this injury (like bathing the dog), but I can't figure out how to dig up plants with only one working leg...



Preparing to install the fence, the Red Dragon Japanese Maple in the foreground,
the one plant I transplanted on the left.
 

Two sections down, one more to go!  See the Full Moon Japanese Maple on the right? 
It's so pretty, the leaves are green and edged in red!
 
Isn't it just amusing that grass is growing, all on it's own, where I don't want it to grow.  But, I have to struggle to get it to grow where I want it...

No comments:

Post a Comment