Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What should I do, what should I do?!!

If someone would ask me to name one thing that was the biggest problem in the construction of this house, it would be the weather- hands down!  It rained almost all of the fall season, then the rain changed to snow, and there wasn't a melt off once in awhile throughout the winter like usual.  In April the snow turned back to rain, and I think it rained for 40 days and 40 nights....  Now the rain has become an issue again!  We really needed some rain, it was pretty dry around here.  When Rod raked the debris in the yard with the York Rake he had a big cloud of dust following him!  Now we need to shovel the piles of debris that's been raked up onto the wagon and get them out of here so I can plant grass.  Chris was working on that job yesterday while I was cutting roots that were sticking out of the ground, we were making good progress until...we got rained out!  It rained so hard last night that the motion sensor lights came on, and stayed on.  I finally just turned them all off at the switch, I didn't need to have what was going on outside illuminated.  Now the problem is MUD!  All that nicely raked earth has turned to mud.  Walking through it will result in slipping or sinking (or both), and getting enough stuck to your shoes that it's hard to pick up your feet.

Sooo... what should I do?  The sun is shining at the moment, although I see on the radar screen that's it raining in Cleveland and coming this way.  I want so much to get the grass seed down, and this rainy+sunny condition is perfect grass growing weather...  I'm here alone today, and will be until about 7:00.  If I sink into the mud I could be stuck there a long time!  Maybe Harley would dig me out..hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment