Wednesday, June 8, 2011

In Memory of my Mother.

Ann Miller
August 12, 1932
June 8, 2001

My mother was a beautiful person, she had a love for God that was apparent for all to see.  She was kind and generous, wonderful, courageous, and her accomplishments were many ...  she was a true role model. Her husband, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, in-laws, brother, sisters, niece's and nephews, and many friends, as well as the elderly patients in various facility's who experienced her loving care as their nurse, were all blessed to have had such a person as my mother in their lives.

Ten years ago today my mother lost her five year battle with ovarian cancer, and it was a battle!  She endured treatment after treatment that made her so sick that she must have wondered if the cure would kill her before the disease.  It seemed so cruel that such a person as she should die such a long and painful death.

Not one day goes by that I don't wonder what mom would think or say about occurrences in daily life if she were still here with us.  Lately, I think about how much fun it would be to have her here with me as our house was being built, and now as we try to figure out how to furnish and landscape it.  She was a whiz at such things and her advice would be priceless!
I miss you mom.....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman. It touched my heart. I can only imagine how much you meant to her. God bless you, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete